What can be more fun than making a robot? Making a robot that can move! You make the different body parts and through rivet connections, they can move. Mr Robot might not necessarily be a piece of jewellery, but he is fun to play with! This class is perfect if you want to learn how to make movable connections. Different kinds of connections are shown throughout the class and you can use these in any of your own jewellery designs!
- Make a donut shape
- File different shapes from a long rectangle
- Create different types of connections
- Don’t guess. Look at your work and find out where you need to remove more wax for better movement
- Patience! It's going to take a while to get everything moving the way you want it
Tools and materials
- Wax slices/wax block
- Saw + sawblades
- Hand files + needle files
- Dividers + ruler
- Carving tools
- Permanent marker
- Micro motor/foredom and ball burrs (different sizes)
- 50 page PDF with photos and written instructions. You can download the PDF for easier access.
- 4 instructional videos, around 90 minutes total
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Lifetime access to all the material
Sound good? Then don't wait and
Hi I’m Sandy. I learned jewellery making, including wax carving, at the school of jewellery in Dublin. After finishing my course, I taught at the school for a year and I also taught a wax carving workshop at Lucy Walker Jewellery in Kuala Lumpur. After learning all the basics of wax carving, I practiced and experimented A LOT. Something didn’t work out the first time I tried it? No problem, just try again (and again and again…) until it does work! Practice really is the only way to get better at something :) I made this class to help you in your wax carving journey. It’s made with love (and some exasperated sighs and curses when things don’t go like I want them to). I love wax carving and I’m excited to teach you!