Do you like beads? With the massive variety in shape, size, and material there has to be a bead out there that you like. Yes, most beads are strung. But when you find that special bead that deserves to shine on its own, you might feel like making it a special bead cap! This class is perfect if you like to make something to enhance your beads. You learn how to incorporate beads in your design. How to keep the bead moving if you want. And how to make fun freeform bead caps.
- Multiple ways of creating bead caps that fit your bead perfectly. Works on any bead shape
- Create a space for a bead to move
- File a crown
- Pierce pear shapes
- Pierce and size a ring blank
- Perfect way to reuse your scraps!
- Have fun! Experimentation is needed here :)
Tools and materials
- Flat ring wax with centre hole
- Wax slices
- Saw + sawblades
- Hand files + needle files
- Wax ring sizer + ring stick
- Dividers + ruler
- Carving tools
- Permanent marker
- Wax pen
- Micro motor/foredom and ball burrs (different sizes)
- Tea light and glass/mug
- 53 page PDF with photos and written instructions. You can download the PDF for easier access.
- 4 instructional videos, around 90 minutes total
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Client brief. 1 Page outline for a bead caps project
- Lifetime access to all the material
Sound good? Then don't wait and
Hi I’m Sandy. I learned jewellery making, including wax carving, at the school of jewellery in Dublin. After finishing my course, I taught at the school for a year and I also taught a wax carving workshop at Lucy Walker Jewellery in Kuala Lumpur. After learning all the basics of wax carving, I practiced and experimented A LOT. Something didn’t work out the first time I tried it? No problem, just try again (and again and again…) until it does work! Practice really is the only way to get better at something :) I made this class to help you in your wax carving journey. It’s made with love (and some exasperated sighs and curses when things don’t go like I want them to). I love wax carving and I’m excited to teach you!